DRV8834 Transporteur Driver moteur pas-à-pas basse tension
This is a breakout board for TI’s DRV8834 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. It has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of our A4988 carriers, so it can be used as a drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications. The DRV8834 operates from 2.5–10.8 V, allowing stepper motors to be powered with voltages that are too low for other drivers, and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 2 A peak). It features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). This board ships with 0.1″ male header pins included but not soldered in.
Here are some of the driver’s key features:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- 2.5-10.8 V supply voltage range
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
- Short-to-ground, short-to-supply, and shorted-load protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
- Module size, pinout, and interface match those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects (see the bottom of this page for more information)
This product ships with all surface-mount components—including the DRV8834 driver IC—installed as shown in the product picture.
Size: 0.6″ × 0.8″
Weight: 1.6 g1
Minimum operating voltage: 2.5 V
Maximum operating voltage: 10.8 V
Continuous current per phase: 1.5 A2
Maximum current per phase: 2 A3
Minimum logic voltage: 2.5 V4
Maximum logic voltage: 5.5 V4
Microstep resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32
Reverse voltage protection?: N
1Without included optional headers.
2Without a heat sink or forced air flow.
3With sufficient additional cooling.
4This driver works with 2.5 V to 5.25 V logic. It does not take an external logic power supply.
Texas Instruments DRV8834 stepper motor driver datasheet (2MB pdf)
DRV8834 low-voltage stepper motor driver carrier schematic diagram (105k pdf) Printable schematic diagram for the DRV8834 low-voltage stepper motor driver carrier.
Dimension diagram of the DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (215k pdf) 3D model of the DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (3MB step)
Drill guide for DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier (38k dxf) This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
Video: setting the current limit on Pololu stepper motor driver carriers
Texas Instruments DRV8834 product page Texas Instruments product page for the DRV8834, where you can find the latest datasheet and additional resources.
Arduino library for A4988, DRV8825, DRV8834 This Arduino library, written by forum member laurb9, allows users to control a stepper motor with our A4988, DRV8825, or DRV8834 carriers. The library has functions that enable users to set rotational rate, change microstepping mode, and specify how many steps to take or specify how many degrees to rotate.